Kenotom develops safety critical embedded systems with focus on the automotive electronics industry. The main activities lie in the area of Basic Software (drivers) for Electronic Control Units (ECUs), Function and Diagnostics Software for ECUs, Testing and Test Automation of ECUs. Since the beginning in 2014 we have established several partnerships with some of the largest automotive electronics suppliers, while currently we are expanding in all our sectors, aiming to increase our team by more than additional 15 engineers until the end of the year. The team keeps constantly growing, offering a dynamic working environment in the frontend of the automotive technology and significant evolution opportunities.
For a running project in the powertrain domain we are looking immediately to employ 1 highly motivated Software Engineer.
Electronic Control Units (ECUs) are placed into vehicles performing numerous automation and safety procedures. The development of such units is a demanding procedure, requiring strict processes, testing and documentation. In order to handle the complexity of the development various Tools, i.e. Desktop applications have to be developed to manage parts of the developments processes, testing and documentation. The primary responsibilities of this position are:
- Design, implement & test various small desktop applications handling steps of the development process of ECUs based on customer requirements
- Adapt existing applications according to customer requirements
- Debug & fix problems in existing applications
- Lead a small development team
- Define the processes for review and testing
The candidate will be responsible for working as the Team Leader of a small development team to ensure that program goals are met, schedules are maintained and problems encountered during the development process are resolved. The position is based in Thessaloniki, GR and occasional travel to the customer’s premise may occur.
Studies / Experience
- Bachelor’s of Master’s Degree in Information Technology / Computer Science or similar is required
- At least 3 years professional experience in software engineering for Desktop applications (Windows)
- Strong understanding & command of at least one object oriented programming language, preferably python
- Ability to design databases, business logic and UI, choose and implement the correct Design Pattern
- Experience in defining the processes of the development of large-scale applications
- Ability to navigate, understand & adapt large existing codebases
- Experience in source control, change management and issue tracking
- Understanding of Agile Software Development methodologies
- Experience or training as a Scrum Master is a plus
- Knowledge of German is a plus
- Attention to detail and thoroughness
- Documentation Skills – Ability to write fluently to describe system design & test results in English
- Ability to effectively communicate with peers, supervisors and customers
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Please send your CVs at email@example.com referring to the Job Description, along with a motivational letter, reflecting the candidate’s personality and capability to perform the duties required.